Sunday, October 2, 2011

Rookie Mistakes

I believe I saw this title as a title on one of the forums I frequent and it perfectly explains how I feel today.

Today I went to the medieval festival held at Fort Tryon Park so that I could take a lot of pictures of people in costume, have a good time, and get some practice in with the Bronica SQ-A before I take it to New York City Comic Con. Well, I think about half of the shots are ruined because of my ineptitude.

This camera has an autoexposure feature when the special metering prism is attached, but half of the time I forgot to turn the meter on!

Damn it!

Oh well. I am not going to repeat the mistake again and I am going to be ready for Comic Con.

Is it a huge loss? Eh. I was not really feeling the event and a lot of the costumes looked a bit K-Mart-ish.

I also have not been feeling so well the last few days, so that could have dampened my enthusiasm as well.

flickr photos

No comments:

Post a Comment