Monday, October 17, 2011

New York Comic Con and Personal Chiding

Okay, so I ended up only taking one picture at NY Comic Con on Sunday. Actually, it was not even at Comic Con. It was on the street where I saw a dude decked out in an Iron Man costume followed by a filming crew. I do not even think I framed it that well.

Lame. I know. Truth be told, I was not feeling it. The event was sooo packed that I did not feel like I could devote the time to the subject that I desired. This probably stems from being stifled to moving well below my natural pace and forced to shuffle around the entire day. Very irritating. Same thing I said about the Medieval Festival, right?  I want to be in the right mindframe or my work would just be crap; I suppose that is something that I need to work on as a photographer.


Just like a writer needs to write and write and write, I need to take image upon image upon image, otherwise I would just be cheating myself from my potential. I have been much too lax with the art and have too many excuses of late, so that needs to change.

Anyway, I do want to share an anecdote of the day.  I paused in one relatively obscure corner to check out the show program and set my beloved Olympus OM-1 on the floor in order to read such program in an easier fashion, then I got up and started walking to my next destination. 

Halfway there I saw something that I wanted to take a picture of, but noticed that the weight of the camera was not about my neck.  I had left it back in that obscure corner.  I walked (shuffled) back as quickly as I could and on the way the following stream of consciousness ensued: "Great.  There goes $XXX dollars.  I wonder if this is how a mother feels when she lost her child?  Probably not; it is just a camera." 

I finally reached the spot where I had previously perched, but did not see the device.  I thought "just like that huh?"  Then I noticed the strap from underneath the blue curtain.  I found the camera and rejoiced.

Iron Man image to come.


flickr photos

No comments:

Post a Comment