Thursday, October 6, 2011

Medieval Festival at Fort Tryon Park

Untitled-Scanned-04

I lugged my Bronica SQ-A to a Medieval Festival held at Fort Tryon Park and had an okay time.

The park is very nice, but so many people showed up that it was hard to get around.

A lot of the people that dressed up were really friendly, but it felt like there was something of an attitude of irritation in the air emanating from the mundane folk. Maybe it was the crowding.

Many costumes seemed a bit K-Mart-ish.

I was not really feeling the day (for a variety of reasons) and struggled to finish the roll of Kodak Portra 400 and I made many mistakes as described in my last post.  Frankly, I am surprised how many images came out.  I only like a few of them, so I will upload a couple more over the next few days.

On a side note, after I got the roll back from the lab I discovered there must be a light leak coming from somewhere on the camera (most likely from the 120 back).  Not great news considering that I want to use the camera at the New York City Comic Con in a week, however, push comes to shove, I can shoot around the issue.

I am really excited to be able to do a cross post with my comic book blog.  Photo nerds and comic book nerds unite!

flickr photos

No comments:

Post a Comment