Friday, November 25, 2011

St. Maarten

 Beware?

St. Maarten was the first destination of the cruise and I got to walking around the streets beyond the shopping district.  I got pretty close in this picture and the featured dog did not stir one bit, so I am not completely convinced of the validity of the bold sign.

I did not like the feel of the island too much, but I believe they have the best deals based on the liquor prices alone.

I picked up some four (4) bottles of $50+ liquors for more than 50% off each.  Everyone was telling me that St. Thomas was the place to pick up the booze, but I think they may have been riding too much on their reputation - their prices (while still excellent) were at about 40% off.

I have some other experiences to relate over the next couple of entries, so check back!

Olympus OM-1
Zuiko 35mm f/2.8 (single-coated)
Fuji Superia 400

flickr photos

No comments:

Post a Comment