Friday, February 10, 2012

Serenity in NY

Untitled-Scanned-17

I went up to the Adirondacks one day a couple months ago with an old friend of mine to do some shooting and I am not quite sure how we came upon this tranquil spot, but I am glad we did.

I am not much a fan of landscape photography, but it was more than a perfect opportunity to practice some.

While I think the image above is okay - nothing is incredible or groundbreaking about it.  For me, 35mm is a bit flat and I would much prefer using medium format and upwards for this subject matter, but I had the Nikon FE on me, so I used it.  Better than nothing.

The coolest thing that day were the snails that were frozen to the wooden walkways.  I only had the 28mm, so no macro photography for me.

What I enjoyed most about the day was not the photo taking aspect, it was the overwhelming peace of the location. 

Nikon FE
Access 28mm f/2.8
Kodak Tri-X

flickr photos

No comments:

Post a Comment