Thursday, January 13, 2011

Street Shots

Street photography is not an aspect of photography that I have explored too much; it always seems kind of unusual (and uncomfortable) to point a camera at someone who may not necessarily be a willing subject, but it is something that I am going to try to overcome. I really do love the idea of the commando style and want to practice it more.

Here are some of my favorite street shots from a recent roll of Superia X-Tra, which I feel has some really decent results for being such a cheapo film. Shot with a Nikon FE and 50mm f/1.8 or 20mm f/2.8

Untitled-Scanned-26

This kid set down his boom-box in the middle of a subway car and started dancing to some Michael Jackson. I love the blur here achieved with a 1/15th shutter speed.

Untitled-Scanned-25

A blurry portrait with an ethereal look.

Untitled-Scanned-24

The kid stopped just long enough for me to capture this still.

Untitled-Scanned-13

I set the 20mm to a hyperfocal distance and took this shot at waist level. I think the shadows are interesting and I really like the solar flare (flair).

Untitled-Scanned-12

I waited for someone to walk into this frame featuring the skyscraper and luckily (ironically) caught this girl looking up at something.

flickr photos

1 comment:

  1. :: Wait, so you shot these while being commando? Or you are comparing this type of photography to commando-ness??

    ReplyDelete