Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Metering and Darkroom

For Christmas I received some money towards a light meter; something I should have purchased a long time ago. The meter will help with flash exposures which have always proved troublesome to yours truly.

On Christmas I made some portraits of my folks using the Bronica SQ-A and an off camera flash, but I was having some distress and I started doubting the meter because of the test exposures made with my digital Nikon. Thoughts ran through my head about having to return the meter and replacing it - an undesired hassle. I ended up taking two of every picture I wanted to make and do not know the results yet, though over the last couple of days I believe I made some human errors and should have listened to the meter from the get go.

Some pictures will be displayed here once scanned - stay tuned. I really hope they turn out well.

Other concurrent events:

I am trying to register for a black and white photography class to learn how to develop my own film and make darkroom prints. I am really excited because ever since I have started my photography I have wanted to learn how to do this.

flickr photos

No comments:

Post a Comment