Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Portra 6x6

There has been a bit of a lull here, so I need to break the digital silence by sharing some new photographs I have made with Kodak Portra 400NC. Yay!!!

These were taken with the Bronica SQ-A, quite a lovely camera in its own respect, but the amount of lovely that pours out of this beast is the real story here. The lens is of the Zenzanon 80mm PS variety, and I have never worked with anything that comes close to its performance. Nikon? Pfff.

Here are a couple of photos I want to share:

Reading

Some reading with a cup of coffee at hand. f/2.8


Halo

A halo of light encapsulates the subject in a glow of elegance. f/2.8

The colors are the best I have ever pulled from a negative film; Kodak's Portra really lives up to its name as being an ace portrait film. Unfortunately, the two varieties of Portra 400 (VC and NC) are consolidating into one type: the new version is called Portra 400, which lacks flair. Despite some minor bellyaching, I still need to try it. I have high hopes as Kodak makes my favorite films.


flickr photos

1 comment:

  1. :: I think I ruined that last shot...I should have looked more angelic...

    ReplyDelete