Sunday, June 6, 2010

New Camera

I acquired a new camera yesterday, but I have not realized its potential yet. It is a digital camera; a camera-phone. For a long time I had been meaning to replace my old cell which was incapable of holding a charge while talking for more than 15-20 minutes. Really unacceptable. It would also turn off on its own volition without alerting me. The phone had served me pretty well over a number of years - I would estimate it's lifespan exceeded that of 2 phones.

I am not too technically savvy, so I will have to play around with it for a while, but so far I am pleased with the basic abilities; fancy features are unneeded.

This reminds me of a project I want to do: make a pinhole camera out of an old rotary phone. I will have to rip out its guts, bore an aperture, add a shutter curtain, make it light-tight, add a tripod socket, and have a chamber for film with a film advance. Would be a lot of work, but could definitely be a fun side project. Besides, how awesome would it be to say I made a camera, a phone-camera at that.

flickr photos

No comments:

Post a Comment